Object-Oriented Interactive Processes in Decentralized Production Systems
Supervision and controlled execution of processes and parameters are core requirements in Digital Production. But even in rather homogeneous systems, deviation from defined workflows and even process change occur daily. To be able to react flexibly to changing market conditions and to respond to increasing individualization of products and their adjacent processes, even more and ad-hoc variants have to be created and supported by production planning and control systems. We solve this problem by introducing a semantic process model, which can be executed and extended using a decentralized, message-based system. In situations where unforeseen deviations and needs for interactive intervention occur or ad-hoc input from users is needed, a generic, model-based user interface is used to create correct interactions in such a context. Our contribution makes processes much more flexible and opens up a new way of creating correct interactions in unforeseen process contexts.
KeywordsInteractive Processes Process Models Meta-Models Production Systems Semantic Models Process Execution Workflow User Interface User Interface Generation Decentralized Systems Process Instances
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schlegel, T.: Interactive Processes and Semantic Models in Production Systems. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Business Sustainability, Ofir, Portugal (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Schlegel, T., Thiel, S.: Semantic Models and Processes for Information Gathering and Interactive Workflow Execution in Decentralized Production Environments. In: Intelligent Production Machines and Systems – 3rd I*PROMS Virtual International Conference (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Schlegel, T.: Laufzeit-Modellierung objektorientierter interaktiver Prozesse in der Produktion. Jost-Jetter, Dissertation, Heidenheim (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Rahman, M.A., Sadik, S., Ali, A., Ahmad, H.F., Suguri, H.: Formal model of agent-based supply chain framework in a virtual enterprise for reliability. In: Proc. IEEE INDIN 2008, pp. 1407–1412 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Rinderle, S.: Schema Evolution in Process Management Systems. Dissertation, Universität Ulm, Fakultät für Informatik (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Beinhauer, W., Schlegel, T.: User Interface for Service Oriented Architectures. Intelligent Production Machines and Systems, 129–134 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, X.J., Schlegel, T., Rotard, M., Ertl, T.: A model-based graphical user-interface for process control systems in manufacturing. Intelligent Production Machines and Systems, 89–94 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Schlegel, T., Burst, A., Ertl, T.: A flow centric interaction model for requirements specification and user interface generation. In: Proceedings of the 7th international conference on WWCS, bridging diversity at work. Damai Sciences, Kuala Lumpur (2004)Google Scholar