A New Bio-inspired Approach to the Traveling Salesman Problem
The host-seeking behavior of mosquitoes is very interesting. In this paper, we propose a novel mosquito host-seeking algorithm (MHSA) as a new branch of biology-inspired algorithms for solving TSP problems. The MHSA is inspired by the host-seeking behavior of mosquitoes. We present the mathematical model, the algorithm, the motivation, and the biological model. The MHSA can work out the theoretical optimum solution, which is important and exciting, and we give the theoretical foundation and present experiment results that verify this fact.
KeywordsBio-inspired algorithm traveling salesman problem (TSP) mosquito host-seeking algorithm (MHSA) distributed and parallel algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Crescenzi, P., Kann, V.: A Compendium of NP Optimization Problems (1998), ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/Theory/Viggo-Kann/compendium.pdf
- 2.Holland, J.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. MIT Press, Cambridge (1976)Google Scholar
- 4.Porto, V.: Evolutionary programming. In: Bäck, T., Fogel, D., Michalewicz, Z. (eds.) Handbook of Evolutionary Computation, Institute of Physics, Bristol (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle Swarm Optimization. In: IEEE Conf. Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Hertz, J., Krogh, A., Palmer, R.: Introduction to the Theory of Neural Computation. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1991)Google Scholar