Developing a Test Automation Framework for Agile Development and Testing
As software developers today, we all face problems of repetitive and error-prone processes, a lack of a clear way of communication between stakeholders, and risks of late defect discovery or release delays. In order to help solve such problems, we implemented an effective framework for automated testing, which combines the automation features of STAF/STAX and the ease-of-use based on tabular input and output of FitNesse. This framework can support Continuous Integration as an automated testing framework to improve software development processes. The greatest advantage of the framework is the agility that allows for rapid delivery of high-quality software. In this paper, we describe the practices and benefits of using the proposed framework.
KeywordsTest Automation Framework Automated Testing Agile Testing Continuous Integration STAF STAX Fit FitNesse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mugrigde, R., Cunningham, W.: Fit for Developing Software. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF), http://staf.sourceforge.net
- 3.Kim, E., Na, J., Ryoo, S.: Test Automation Framework for Implementing Continuous Integration. In: 6th International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Duvall, P.M., Matyas, S., Glover, A.: Continuous Integration. Addison-Wesley, Boston (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Edelstein, O., Farchi, E., Goldin, E., Nir, Y., Ratsaby, G., Ur, S.: Testing Multi-threaded Java Programs. IBM System Journal Special Issue on Software Testing 41(1) (Feburary 2002)Google Scholar