Supporting E-Learning System with Modified Bayesian Rough Set Model
The increasing development of Internet, especially Web-based learning is one of the most important issues. In this paper, a new application on Bayesian Rough Set (BRS) model for give information about learner performance is formulated. To enhance the precision of original rough set and to deal with both two decision classes and multi decision classes, we modify BRS model based on Bayesian Confirmation Measures (BCM). The experimental results are compared with that got by other methods. The quality of the proposed BRS model can be evaluated using discriminant index of decision making, which is suitable for providing appropriate decision rules to the learners with high discriminant index.
KeywordsRough Set Bayesian Confirmation Measures Variable Precision Rough Set model Bayesian Rough Set model E-learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sherry, L.: Issues in Distance Learning. International Journal of Educational Telecommunications 1(4), 337–365 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Geng, H.V., Maguire, R.B.: A Rough Set Methodology to Support Learner Self-Assessment in Web-Based Distance Education. In: Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining, and Granular Computing: 9th International Conference, RSFDGrC 2003, Chongqing, China, May 26–29 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Ślezak, D., Ziarko, W.: Bayesian Rough Set Model. In: Proc. of the International Workshop on Foundation of Data Mining and Discovery (FDM 2002), Maebashi, Japan, December 9, pp. 131–135 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Fitelson, B.: Studies in Bayesian Confirmation Theory. Ph.D. thesis, University of Wisconsin–Madison, (Philosophy) (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Wong, S.K.M., Ziarko, W.: On Learning and Evaluation of Decision Rules in the Context of Rough Sets. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, Knoxville, pp. 308–224 (1986)Google Scholar