Stabilization of Networked Control Systems by Nonlinear Model Predictive Control: A Set Invariance Approach
The present paper is concerned with the robust state feedback stabilization of uncertain discrete-time constrained nonlinear systems in which the loop is closed through a packet-based communication network. In order to cope with model uncertainty, time-varying transmission delays and and packet dropouts which typically affect networked control systems, a robust control policy, which combines model predictive control with a network delay compensation strategy, is proposed.
KeywordsNetworked Control Systems Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antsaklis, P., Baillieul, J.: Guest editorial: Special issue on networked control systems. IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control 49 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Casavola, A., Mosca, F., Papini, M.: Predictive teleoperation of constrained dynamic system via internet-like channels. In: IEEE Trans Contr. Syst. Technol., pp. 681–694 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Quevedo, D., Silva, E.I., Goodwin, G.C.: Packetized predictive control over erasure channels. In: Proc. American Control Conference, pp. 1003–1008 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Bemporad, A.: Predictive control of teleoperated constrained systems with unbounded communication delays. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 2133–2138 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Polushin, I., Liu, P., Lung, C.: On the model-based approach to nonlinear networked control systems. In: Proc. American Control Conference (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Limón, D., Alamo, T., Camacho, E.F.: Input-to-state stable MPC for constrained discrete-time nonlinear systems with bounded additive uncertainties. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision Control, pp. 4619–4624 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Pin, G., Parisini, T., Magni, L., Raimondo, D.: Robust receding - horizon control of nonlinear systems with state dependent uncertainties: an input-to-state stability approach. In: Proc. American Control Conference (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Kerrigan, E., Maciejowski, J.M.: Invariant sets for constrained nonlinear discrete-time systems with application to feasibility in model predictive control. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (2000)Google Scholar