Stabilizing Nonlinear Predictive Control over Nondeterministic Communication Networks
Networked control systems are systems in which distributed controllers, sensors, actuators and plants are connected via a shared communication network. The use of nondeterministic networks introduces two major issues: communication delays and packet dropouts. These problems cannot be avoided and they might lead to a degradation in performance, or, even worse, to instability of the system. Thus, it is important to take network effects directly into account. In this paper, nonlinear continuous time networked control systems are considered and a nonlinear model predictive controller that is able to compensate the network nondeterminism is outlined.
Keywordsnonlinear continuous time systems networked control systems timevarying delays packet dropouts nonlinear model predictive control stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alldredge, G., Liberatore, V., Branicky, M.S.: Play-back buffers in networked control systems, evaluation and design. In: Amer. Cont. Conf, pp. 3106–3113 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Findeisen, R.: Nonlinear Model Predictive Control: A Sampled-Data Feedback Perspective. PhD thesis, University of Stuttgart (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Findeisen, R., Allgöwer, F.: Computational delay in nonlinear model predictive control. In: Proc. Int. Symp. Adv. Contr. of Chem. Proc., Hong Kong, PRC, pp. 427–432 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Garone, E., Sinopoli, B., Casavola, A.: LQG control for distributed systems over TCP-like erasure channels. In: Proc. 46th IEEE Conf. on Dec. and Cont., December 12–14, pp. 44–49 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Magni, L., Scattolini, R.: Stabilizing model predictive control of nonlinear continuous time systems. Ann. Rev. in Cont. 28, 1–11 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Sinopoli, B., Schenato, L., Franceschetti, M., Poolla, K., Sastry, S.: An LQG optimal linear controller for control systems with packet losses. In: Proc. and 2005 Eur. Cont. Conf. Dec. and Cont. CDC-ECC 2005, 44th IEEE Conf. on, December 12–15, vol. 463, pp. 458–463 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Sinopoli, B., Schenato, L., Franceschetti, M., Poolla, K., Sastry, S.: Optimal linear LQG control over lossy networks without packet acknowledgment. In: Proc. 45th IEEE Conf. on Dec. and Cont., December 13–15, pp. 392–397 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, W., Branicky, M.S., Phillips, S.M.: Stability of networked control systems. IEEE Contr. Sys. Mag, 84–99 (2001)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhu, X.L., Yang, G.H.: New results on stability analysis of networked control systems. In: Amer. Cont. Conf., pp. 3792–3797 (2008)Google Scholar