Experiment Research on Feature Selection and Learning Method in Keyphrase Extraction
Keyphrases can provide a brief summary of documents. Keyphrase extraction, defined as automatic selection of important phrases within the body of a document, is important in some fields. Generally the keyphrase extraction process is seen as a classification task, where feature selection and learning model are the key problems. In this paper, different shallow features are surveyed and the commonly used learning methods are compared. The experimental results demonstrate that the detailed survey of shallow features plus a simpler method can more enhance the extraction performance.
KeywordsKeyphrase extraction Feature selection Learning method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Turney, P.D.: Learning to Extract Keyphrases from Text. Technical Report ERB-1057, National Research Council, Institute for Information Technology (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Witten, I.H., Paynter, G.W., Frank, E., Gutwin, C., Nevill-Manning, C.G.: Kea: Practical Automatic Keyphrase Extraction. In: Proc. of the 4th ACM Conference on Digital Libraries (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, M.: A Practical System of Keyphrase Extraction for Web Pages. In: CIKM 2005, Bremen, Germany, October 31-November 5 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Medelyan, O., Witten, I.H.: Thesaurus Based Automatic Keyphrase Indexing. In: JCDL 2006, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, June 11–15 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Frank, E., Paynter, G.W., Witten, I.H., Gutwin, C., Nevill-Manning, C.G.: Domain-Specific Keyphrase Extraction. In: Proceedings of the Sixteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 31-August 2006, pp. 668–673 (1999)Google Scholar