Bayes Multistage Classifier and Boosted C4.5 Algorithm in Acute Abdominal Pain Diagnosis
- 892 Downloads
The medical decision problem – acute abdominal pain diagnosis is presented in the paper. We use two methods of classification, which are based on a decision tree scheme. The first of them generates classifier only based on learning set. It is boosted C4.5 algorithm. The second approach is based on Bayes decision theory. This decision algorithm utilizes expert knowledge for specifying decision tree structure and learning set for determining mode of decision making in each node. The experts-physicians gave the decision tree for performing Bayes hierarchical classifier.
KeywordsBayes classifier medical diagnosis decision tree expert knowledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alpaydin, E.: Introduction to Machine Learning. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press, London (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Breiman, L., Friedman, J.H., Olshen, R.A., Stone, C.J.: Classification and Decision trees. Wadsworth, Belmont (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.Duda, R.O., Hart, P.E., Stork, D.G.: Pattern Classification. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Quinlan, J.R.: Induction on decision tree. Machine Learning 1, 81–106 (1986)Google Scholar
- 13.Quinlan, J.R.: C4.5: Program for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufman, San Mateo (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Schapire, R.E.: The boosting approach to machine learning: An overview. In: Proceedings of the MSRI Workshop on Nonlinear Estimation and Classification, Berkeley, US (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Shapire, R.E.: The strength of weak learnability. Machine Learning 5(2), 197–227 (1990)Google Scholar
- 17.Shortliffe, E.: MYCIN: Computer-based Medical Consultations. Elsevier, New York (1975)Google Scholar
- 18.Townsend, C.M., Beauchamp, R.D., Evers, B.M., Mattox, K.L.: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 17th edn. WB Saunders, St. Louis (2004)Google Scholar
- 21.Witten, I.H., Frank, E.: Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques with Java Implementations. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (2000)Google Scholar