Web Based Personal Nutrition Management Tool
Internet is being used increasingly as a resource for accessing health-related information because of its several advantages. Therefore, Internet tailoring becomes quite preferable in health education and personal health management recently. Today, there are many web based health programs de-signed for individuals. Among these studies nutrition and weight management is popular because, obesity has become a heavy burden for populations worldwide. In this study, we designed a web based personal nutrition education and management tool, The Nutrition Web Portal, in order to enhance patients’ nutrition knowledge, and provide behavioral change against obesity. The present paper reports analysis, design and development processes of The Nutrition Web Portal.
KeywordsNutrition web portal web based education nutrition education personal nutrition management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fox, S., Rainie, L.: The Online Health Care Revolution: How the Web helps Americans take better care of themselves, Pew Internet & American Life Project: Online life report Embargoed for Release at Noon, Est (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Turkish Institute of Statistics, http://www.turkstat.gov.tr
- 4.Fox, S., Rainie, L.: The Online Health Care Revolution: How the Web helps Americans take better care of themselves, Pew Internet & American Life Project: Online life report Embargoed for Release at Noon (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Bansil, P., Keenan, N.L., Zlot, A.I., Gilliland, J.C.: Health-related information on the Web: results from the HealthStyles Survey, 2002-2003. Prev. Chronic. Dis. 3, A36 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Fox, S.: Online Health Search 2006. Pew İnternet & American Life Project Online Reports (2006)Google Scholar