Generalized Conforming Element Theory
As the beginning of Part II, this chapter discusses the fundamental theory and existing construction modes of generalized conforming finite element method. First, by discussion on the different characters of conforming and nonconforming elements, the background and need for the development of the generalized conforming element are described. Second, as an example, the earliest pattern of the generalized conforming element and its excellent performance are exhibited. Third, some theoretical features of the generalized conforming element, including duality of its variational principle basis, flexibility, multiformity and convergence, are discussed in detail.
Keywordsfinite element generalized conforming element conforming nonconforming convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Long YQ, Xin KG (1987) Generalized conforming element. Tumu Gongcheng Xuebao/China Civil Engineering Journal 20(1): 1–14 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Long YQ, Long ZF, Xu Y (1997) The generalized conforming element (GCE)-theory and applications. Advances in Structural Engineering 1(1): 63–70Google Scholar
- Bazeley GP, Cheung YK, Irons BM, Zienkiewicz OC (1965) Triangular elements in bending-conforming and nonconforming solution. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Matrix Methods in Structural Mechanics. Air Force Institute of Technology. Ohio: Wright-Patterson A. F. Base, pp547–576Google Scholar
- Allman DJ (1971) Triangular finite element plate bending with constant and linearly varying bending moments. In: BF de Veubeke (ed) High Speed Computing of Elastic Structures. Liege, Belgium, pp105–136Google Scholar
- Clough R W, Tocher J L (1965) Finite element stiffness matrices for analysis of plate bending. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Matrix Methods in Structural Mechanics. Air Force Institute of Technology, Ohio, Wright-Patterson A. F. Base, pp515–545Google Scholar
- Long YQ, Zhi BC, Yuan S (1982) Sub-region, sub-item and sub-layer generalized variational principles in elasticity. In: He GQ et al. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on FEM, Shanghai Science Press, pp607–609Google Scholar
- Long YQ (1987) Sub-region generalized variational principles in elastic thin plates. In: Yeh KY (eds) Progress in Applied Mechanics. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, pp121–134Google Scholar
- Washizu K (1968, 1975, 1982) Variational methods in elasticity and plasticity. 1st edn, 2nd edn, 3rd edn. Pergamon PressGoogle Scholar
- Li JX, Long YQ (1996) The convergence of the generalized conforming element method. Gong Cheng Li Xue/Engineering Mechanics 13(1): 75–80 (in Chinese)Google Scholar