Schemes for Data and User Authentication in Distributed GIS
The paper specifies approaches to the realization of data and user authentication functions in distributed GIS, allowing for avoiding the existing protocols’ disadvantages, and thus accounting for the requirements for the geographical information system (GIS) safety. The authors propose the method of user’s private key storing at the server for the cases when the private key storing cannot be realized at the user’s end. A method binding the user’s identification process to the geographical location is proposed.
KeywordsDistributed GIS Electronic digital signature Authentication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zima VM, Moldovyan AA, Moldovyan NA (2003) The Global Network Technologies Safety (in Russian). BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg, RussiaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Stallings W (2001) Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice (in Russian). Williams Publishing House, Moscow, RussiaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ivanov MA (2001) Cryptographic Methods of Information Protection in Computer Systems and Networks (in Russian). KUDITS-OBRAS, Moscow, RussiaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Moldovyan NA, Moldovyan AA (2005) Introduction in Cryptosystems with Public Key (in Russian). BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg, RussiaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Rostovtsev AG, Makhovenko EB (2001) Introduction in Cryptography with Public Key (in Russian). Mir i Semya, St. Petersburg, RussiaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Schneier B (1996) Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C. John Willey & Sons, New York, USAGoogle Scholar
- 7.BarkerE, BarkerW, BurrW, PolkW, SmidM (2006) NIST Special Publication 800-57, Recommendation for Key Management. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-57/SP800-57-Part1.pdf
- 8.FrankelS, HoffmanP, OrebaughA, ParkR (2008) NIST Special Publication 800-113, Guide to SSL VPNs, http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-113/SP800-113.pdf
- 9.Hankerson D, Menezes A, Vanstone SA (2004) Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 10.Anoop MS (2007) Elliptic Curve Cryptography - An Implementation Tutorial. Tata Elxsi, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 11.The Case for Elliptic Curve Cryptography. National Security Agency. http://www.nsa.gov/ia/industry/crypto_elliptic_curve.cfm
- 12.JavaTM Cryptography Architecture. API Specification & Reference. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/CryptoSpec.html