On Optimizing Search Efforts (Area Effectively Swept) Allocation in the Course of Search and Rescue Operations
A solution is considered for a problem of optimal distribution of search efforts among areas while running search and rescue operations under limited search resources and probabilistic nature of a priori information about the location of an emergency object.
Keywords:Search and rescue operation Area effectively swept (search efforts) Detection probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hellman O (1985) Introduction in Optimal Search Theory (in Russian). Moscow, NaukaGoogle Scholar
- 2.. Koopman BO (1956) Theory of search: 3. The optimum distribution of searching efforts. J Operation Research 4(5)Google Scholar
- 3.Popovich VV (2000) Modeling, Efficiency Evaluation, and Optimization of Naval Observation Systems (Search Theory for Moving Objects) (in Russian). St. Peterburg, VMAGoogle Scholar
- 4.Enyukov IS (1986) Methods, Algorithms, Programs of Multidimensional Statistical Analysis: PPSA package (in Russian). Moscow, Finance and StatisticsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Makshanov AV, Yakovlev VA (1988) Methods of Complex Objects and their States Recognition (in Russian). Leningrad, MD USSRGoogle Scholar