A New Method for Moving Object Extraction and Tracking Based on the Exclusive Block Matching
Robust object tracking is required by many vision applications, and it will be useful for the motion analysis of moving object if we can not only track the object, but also make clear the corresponding relation of each part between consecutive frames. For this purpose, we propose a new method for moving object extraction and tracking based on the exclusive block matching. We build a cost matrix consisting of the similarities between the current frame’s and the previous frame’s blocks and obtain the corresponding relation by solving one-to-one matching as linear assignment problem. In addition, we can track the trajectory of occluded blocks by dealing with multi-frames simultaneously.
KeywordsColor Information Object Tracking Current Frame Consecutive Frame Previous Frame
- 1.Stauffer, Grimson, W.E.L.: Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking. In: CVPR 1999, Fort Colins, CO, p. 2246 (June 1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Nummiaro, K., Koller-Meierand, E., Van Gool, L.: A Color-based Particle Filter. Image and Vision Computing (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Caetano, T.S., Cheng, L., Le, Q.V., Smola, A.J.: Learning Graph Matching. In: IEEE 11th International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 2007, 14-21 October 2007, pp. 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Bouguet, J.-Y.: Pyramidal Implementation of the Lucas Kanade Feature Tracker. The paper is included into OpenCV distributionGoogle Scholar
- 10.Munkres assignment algorithm, http://csclab.murraystate.edu/bob.pilgrim/445/munkres.html