As humans, we aspire to reach up to the heavens. It is our unquenchable human nature. An old fable illustrates the point: Jack and the Beanstalk. It is simply impossible for Jack not to climb the Beanstalk, when it stands in front of him, extending all the way up, to beyond the clouds.
KeywordsHiggs Boson Large Hadron Collider Yukawa Coupling International Linear Collider Light Dark Matter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hitlin, D.: Plenary talk at the XXXth International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP2000), Osaka, Japan, 31 July 2000Google Scholar
- 2.Aihara, H.: Plenary talk at the XXXth International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP2000), Osaka, Japan, 31 July 2000Google Scholar
- 8.Cahn, R.: Talk at SLAC Summer Institute 2006, Stanford, 25 July 2006Google Scholar
- 9.BaBar Physics Book. http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/slacreports/slac-r-504.html
- 11.Amsler, C., et al.: Phys. Lett. B 667, 1 (2008); and http://pdg.lbl.gov/
- 18.Oddone, P.: At UCLA Workshop on Linear Collider B Factory Conceptual Design, Los Angeles, California, January 1987.Google Scholar
- 19.See the webpage of the Heavy Flavor Averaging Group (HFAG). http://www.slac.stanford.edu/xorg/hfag. We usually, but not always, take the Lepton-Photon 2007 (LP2007) numbers as reference
- 20.See the webpage of the CKMfitter group. http://ckmfitter.in2p3.fr