A Keyword Extraction Method Based on Lexical Chains
A lexical-chain-based keywords extraction method from Chinese texts is proposed in this paper, and an algorithm for constructing lexical chains based on HowNet knowledge database is given in the method, lexical chains are firstly constructing by calculating he semantic similarity between terms, then keywords are extracted according to the lexical chain’s intensity, the terms’ entropy and position. Unknown word recognition and semantic information between terms are considered in this method, which can significantly improve the effectiveness of keywords extraction. The preliminary experimental results show that the method gets better performance than other methods both in accurate-matching test and approximate-matching test.
Keywordslexical chain keyword extraction word similarity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu, W., Wen, Y.: A Chinese Keyword Extraction Algorithm Based on TFIDF. Information System 31(2), 298–302 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Turney, P.D.: Learning to Extract Keyphrases from text. National Research Council, Canada, NRC Technical Report ERB-1057 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Witten, I.H., Paynter, G.W., Frank, E.: KEA: Practical Automatic Keyphrase Extraction. In: Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Digital Libraries, Berkeley, California, US, pp. 254–256 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, W.: Chinese Keyword Extraction based on Max-duplicated Strings of the Documents. In: Proceedings of the 25th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Tampere, Finland, pp. 439–440 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, S., Wang, H., Yu, S.: Research on Maximum Entropy Model for Keyword Indexing. Chinese Journal of Computers 27(9), 1192–1197 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, Q., Li, S.: Word Semantic Similarity Computation based on Hownet. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop. Academia Sinica, Taipei (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.You, W., Li, S., Li, T.: A Text Filtering Module Based on Lexical Chain. Application Research of Computers 20(9), 32–35 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Morris, J., Hirst, G.: Lexical Cohesion Computed by Thesaural Relations as an Indicator of the Structure of Text. Computational Linguistics 17(1), 21–48 (1991)Google Scholar