Cluster-Degree Analysis and Velocity Compensation Strategy of PSO
The particle’s trajectory in particle swarm was fully analyzed in this paper, the theorem about necessary condition of convergence property of PSO was proposed by solve difference equation. Based on this theorem, discussed the influence of random parameters on particle’s trajectory, the concept of cluster-degree was put forward and distribute status of particle with different cluster-degree was studied. The reasonable parameters setting range based on cluster-degree was proposed, at the same time, velocity compensation of particle’s velocity was proposed in order to improving performance of PSO. So this paper is helpful for the choosing and adjustment of PSO parameters in practical application.
Keywordsparticle swarm optimization convergence property cluster-degree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eberhart, R.C., Kennedy, J.: A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. In: Proceedings of the sixth International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, Nagoya, Japan, pp. 39–43 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle Swarm Optimization. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. IV, pp. 1942–1948. IEEE Service Center, PiscatawayGoogle Scholar
- 3.Clerc, M.: TRIBES-Aparameter Free Particle Swarm Optimizer, http://clerc.maurice.free.fr/PSO2002-08-10/2003-10-08
- 4.Salman, A.: Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization for Heterogeneous Task Assignment Problem. In: Proceedings of World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2001) (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Clerc, M.: Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization: A Fuzzy Combinatorial Black Box, http://clerc.maurice.free.fr/PSO/Fuzzy_Discrete_PSO/Fuzzy_DPSO.htm.2000-04-01/2003-10-08
- 6.Hirotaka, Yoshida, Kenichi: A particle Swarm Optimization for Reactive Power and Voltage Control Considering Voltage Stability. In: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent System Applications to Power Systems, Rio de Janeiro (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Voss, M.S., Feng, X.: Arma Model Selection Using Particle Swarm Optimization and Aic Criteria. In: 15th Triennial World Congress, Barcelona, Spain (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Clerc, M.: Some math about Particle Swarm Optimization, http://clerc.maurice.free.fr/pso/2002-08-10/2003-10-08
- 9.Van den Bergh, F.: An analysis of Particle Swarm Optimizers: [Ph D dissertation]. University of Pretoria, Pretoria (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, N., Sun, D.-b., Zou, T., Qin, Y.: An Analysis for a Particle’s Trajectory of PSO Based on Difference Equation. Chinese Journal of Computers 29(11) (November 2006) Google Scholar
- 11.Dou, Q.-s.: Research on Evolutionary Computing for Optimization Problem. [Ph D dissertation]. Jilin University, Changchun (2005) Google Scholar