Model-Based Recognition of 3D Objects using Intersecting Lines
Exploiting geometric features, such as points, straight or curved lines and corners, plays an important role in object recognition. In this paper, we present a model-based recognition of 3D objects using intersecting lines. We concentrate on using perpendicular line pairs to test recognition of a parallelepiped model and represent the visible face of the object. From 2D images and point clouds, first, 3D line segments are extracted, and then intersecting lines are selected from them. By estimating the coverage ratio, we find the most accurate matching between detected perpendicular line pairs and the model database. Finally, the position and the pose of the object are determined. The experimental results show the performance of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsLine matching Model-based recognition Intersecting line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Giessen and J. Schmidhuber, Fast color-based object recognition independent of position and orientation, ICANN 2005, LNCS 3696, pp. 469–474, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Guerra and V. Pascucci, On matching sets of 3D segments, Proceedings of SPIE Conference on Vision Geometry VIII, 3811, 157–167, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Kamgar-Parsi, Algorithm for matching 3D line sets, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligent, 26(5), 582–593, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Kamgar-Parsi and B. Kamgar-Parsi, An open problem in matching sets of 3D lines, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 1, 651–656, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Košecká and W. Zhang, Extraction, matching, and pose recovery based on dominant rectangular structures, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 100(3), 274–293, 2005.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Lee, E. Y. Kim, and Y. C. Park, 3D object recognition using multiple feature for robotics manipulation, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3768–3774, 2006.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Lowe, Object recognition from local scale invariant features, In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV’99), pp. 116–128, 2001.Google Scholar