Modular Bayesian Network Learning for Mobile Life Understanding
Mobile devices can now handle a great deal of information thanks to the convergence of diverse functionalities. Mobile environments have already shown great potential in terms of providing customized services to users because they can record meaningful and private information continually for long periods of time. Until now, most of this information has been generally ignored because of the limitations of mobile devices in terms of power, memory capacity and speed. In this paper, we propose a novel method that efficiently infers semantic information and overcome the problems. This method uses an effective probabilistic Bayesian network model for analyzing various kinds of log data in mobile environments, which were modularized in this paper to decrease complexity. We also discuss how to discover and update the Bayesian inference model by using the proposed BN learning method with training data. The proposed methods were evaluated with artificial mobile log data generated and collected in the real world.
KeywordsModularized Probabilistic Reasoning Mobile Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nokia LifeBlog, http://www.nokia.com/lifeblog
- 3.Lo, B.P.L., Thiemjarus, S., Yang, G.-Z.: Adaptive Bayesian networks for video processing. In: Int. Conf. on Image Processing, vol. 1(1), pp. 889–892 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Hwang, K.-S., Cho, S.-B.: Modular Bayesian Networks for Inferring Landmarks on Mobile Daily Life. In: The 19th Australian Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 929–933 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Horvitz, E., Dumais, S., Koch, P.: Learning predictive models of memory landmarks. In: CogSci 2004. 26th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, pp. 1–6 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Tu, H., Allanach, J., Singh, S., Pattipati, K.R., Willett, P.: Information integration via hierarchical and hybrid Bayesian networks. IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man, and Cybernetics.Part A: Systems and Humans 36(1), 19–33 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Hwang, K.-S., Cho, S.-B.: Constrained learning method of Bayesian network structure for efficient context classification. In: Proc. of Korea Information Science Society (In Korean) , vol. 31(2), pp. 112–114 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Su, J., Zhang, H.: Full Bayesian network classifiers. In: Proc. of international conference on Machine learning, pp. 897–904 (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Lauritzen, S.L., Spiegelhalter, D.J.: Local computations with probabilities on graphical structures and their application to expert systems. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 157–224 (1988)Google Scholar
- 17.Namasivayam, V.K., Prasanna, V.K.: Salable parallel implementation of exact inference in Bayesian networks. In: Int. Conf. on Parallel and Distributed Systems (July 2006)Google Scholar