K2 Stream Cipher
- 537 Downloads
A variety of different clock-controlled stream ciphers and attacks on them have been described in a number of papers. However, few word-oriented algorithms with an irregular clocking mechanism have been proposed. This paper proposes a new design of irregular clocking for word-oriented stream ciphers that is dynamic feedback control and show analysis results of its security and performance. The stream cipher K2 v2.0 is a secure and high-performance stream cipher using the dynamic feedback control, which is applicable for several applications. We believe that the dynamic feedback control mechanism is potentially effective against several different types of attacks, not only existing attacks but also novel attacks.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Babbage, S., Dodd, M.: The stream cipher MICKEY-128 2.0, Article for eSTREAM Project (2006), http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stream/p2ciphers/mickey128/mickey128_p2.pdf
- 6.Deamen, J., Rijmen, V.: The Design of Rijndael. In: Information Security and Cryptography, Texts and Monographs. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Hong, J., Sarkar, P.: Rediscovery of Time Memory Tradeoffs, IACR ePrint Archive, Report 2005/090Google Scholar
- 10.Jansen, C.J.A., Helleseth, T., Kholosha, A.: Cascade Jump Controlled Sequence Generator and Pomaranch Stream Cipher, Article for eSTREAM Project, http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stream/p2ciphers/pomaranch/pomaranch_p2.pdf
- 12.Kiyomoto, S., Tanaka, T., Sakurai, K.: A Word-Oriented Stream Cipher Using Clock Control. In: SASC 2007 Workshop Record, pp. 260–274 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Zenner, E.: On the Role of the Inner State Size in Stream Ciphers, Reihe Informatik 01-2004Google Scholar
- 14.NESSIE, NESSIE Final Report, Parformance of Optimized Implementations of the NESSIE Primitives, NES/DOC/TEC/WP6/D21/2 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.NIST, Random Number Generation and Testing, NIST Test Suite, http://csrc.nist.gov/rng/