Composite Spatio-Temporal Co-occurrence Pattern Mining
Spatio-temporal co-occurrence patterns (STCOPs) represent subsets of features that are located together in space and time. Mining such patterns is important for many spatio-temporal application domains. However, a co-occurrence analysis across multiple spatio-temporal datasets is computationally expensive when the dimension of the time series and number of locations in the spaces are large. In this paper, we first defined STCOPs and the STCOPs mining problem. We proposed a monotonic composite measure, which is the composition of the spatial prevalence and temporal prevalence measures. A novel and computationally efficient algorithm, Costcop + , is presented by applying the composite measure. We proved that the proposed algorithm is correct and complete in finding STCOPs. Using a real dataset, the experiments illustrate that the algorithm is efficient.
KeywordsTime Slot Mining Algorithm Spatial Framework Candidate Pattern Participation Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Worboys, M.: GIS: A Computing Perspective. Taylor & Francis, London (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Güting, R.H., Schneider, M.: Moving Object Databases. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Gudmundsson, J., van Kreveld, M.J., Speckmann, B.: Efficient detection of motion patterns in spatio-temporal data sets. In: Pfoser, D., Cruz, I.F., Ronthaler, M. (eds.) 12th ACM International Workshop on Geographic Information Systems, ACM-GIS 2004, Washington, D.C., pp. 250–257 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Celik, M., Shekhar, S., Rogers, J.P., Shine, J.A., Yoo, J.S.: Mixed-drove spatio-temporal co-occurence pattern mining: A summary of results. In: ICDM 2006, pp. 119–128. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Celik, M., Shekhar, S., Rogers, J.P., Shine, J.A.: Sustained emerging spatio-temporal co-occurrence pattern mining: A summary of results. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2006), pp. 106–115. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar