Design of Dexterous Arm-Hand for Human-Assisted Manipulation
Arm-hand subsystem, as the manipulator and end-effecter of a humanoid robot, is important from application point of view since humanoid robot is expected to help people in the future. A powerful arm-hand system can perform as many tasks as human beings do. However, owe to limited space and weight, humanoid robots were usually equipped with simple-structured upper limbs, especially for hand. In this paper, a multi-DOF and dexterous arm-hand module is presented, which owns lightweight and compact structure with incremental encoder, absolute encoder in each joint as well as force/torque sensor to feedback the force information. Moreover, the arm-hand module adopts distributed control system for joint actuators, which is compact and easy to be installed inside.
KeywordsHumanoid Robot Arm-hand System Distributed Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Takashi, N., Hiroshi, H., et al.: Communication Agent embedded in Humanoid Robot. In: SICE Annual Conference in Fukui (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Yoshiaki, S., Ryujin, W., et al.: The intelligent ASIMO: System overview and integration. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ intl. Conference on intelligent Robots and System, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp. 2478–2483 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Kenji, K., Fumio, K., et al.: Design of Prototype Humanoid Robotics Platform for HRP. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ Intl. Conferences on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp. 2431–2436 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Ill-Woo, P., Jung-Yup, K., Jungho, L., Jun-Ho, O.: Mechanical Design of Humanoid Robot Platform KHR-3. In: Proceedings of 5th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, pp. 321–326 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kohtaro, S.: Development of Entertainment Robot and Its Future. Digest of Technical Papers. In: 2005 Symposium on VLSI Circuits (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, L., Jin, M., et al.: Multisensory HIT/DLR Dexterous Robot Hand. In: Procedings of IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 76–81 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Albert, A., Sven, B., et al.: Upper Body of a new Humanoid Robot the Design of ARMAR III. In: Proceedings of 6th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, pp. 308–313 (2006) Google Scholar