GREC 2007 Arc Segmentation Contest: Evaluation of Four Participating Algorithms
Automatic conversion of line drawings from paper to electronic form requires the recognition of geometric primitives like lines, arcs, circles etc. in scanned documents. Many algorithms have been proposed over the years to extract lines and arcs from document images. To compare different state-of-the-art systems, an arc segmentation contest was held in the seventh IAPR International Workshop on Graphics Recognition - GREC 2007. Four methods participated in the contest, three of which were commercial systems and one was a research algorithm. This paper presents the results of the contest by giving an overview of the dataset used in the contest, evaluation methodology, participating methods and the segmentation accuracy achieved by the participating methods.
KeywordsGraphics Recognition Line Drawings Technical Drawings Arc Segmentation Contest
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wenyin, L.: Report of the arc segmentation contest. In: Lladós, J., Kwon, Y.-B. (eds.) GREC 2003. LNCS, vol. 3088, pp. 364–367. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Antonacopoulos, A., Gatos, B., Bridson, D.: ICDAR 2007 page segmentation competition. In: Proc. 9th Intl. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, Curitiba, Brazil, pp. 1279–1283 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Maergner, V., Abed, H.E.: ICDAR 2007 - arabic handwriting recognition competition. In: Proc. 9th Intl. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, Curitiba, Brazil, pp. 1274–1278 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Shafait, F., Breuel, T.M.: Document image dewarping contest. In: 2nd Int. Workshop on Camera-Based Document Analysis and Recognition, Curitiba, Brazil, pp. 181–188 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Wenyin, L., Dori, D.: A protocol for performance evaluation of line detection algorithms. Machine Vision and Applications: Special Issue on Performance Characteristics of Vision Algorithms 9, 240–250 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Shafait, F., Keysers, D., Breuel, T.M.: Pixel-accurate representation and evaluation of page segmentation in document images. In: 18th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, Hong Kong, China, pp. 872–875 (2006)Google Scholar