Self-Organization in an Artificial Immune Network System
Artificial Immune System field uses of the natural immune system as a metaphor for computational problems. The immune system exhibits a highly distributed, adaptive and self-organizing behavior. Furthermore it can learn to recognize shapes with its adaptive memory. The approach explored is inspired by an immune network model like Stewart-Varela’s model. This model is designed to better understand the memory and cognition properties. Emergent antibodies configurations are studied on this immune network model; indeed these configurations seem like cellular automata configurations and appear with self-organizing properties.
Key wordsAIS immune network idiotypic network self-organisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Aickelin et al. 2003]Aickelin, U.; Bentley, P.; Cayzer, S.; and J. Kim (2003) Danger Theory: The Link between AIS and IDS?. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Artificial Immune System (ICARIS 2003), 147-155.Google Scholar
- [Bak 1996]Bak, P. (1996) How Nature works : the science of self-oganized criticality. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- [de Castro et al. 2000]de Castro, L.N.; and F. J. Von Zuben (2000) An Evolutionary Immune Network for Data Clustering. in Proceedings of the IEEE SBRN’00 (Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks), 84-89.Google Scholar
- [de Castro et al. 2003]de Castro, L.N.; and J. Timmis (2003) Artificial immune systems as a novel soft computing paradigm. Soft Computing(7), 526-544.Google Scholar
- [Stewart 1994]Stewart, J. (1994) Un syst`me cognitif sans neurone : les capacitésd’adaptation, d’apprentisage et de mémoire du système immunitaire. Intellectica 1994/1, 18, 15-43.Google Scholar
- [Timmis et al. 2000]
- [Timmis et al. 2001]Timmis, J.; and T. Knight (2001). Artificial Immune Systems: Using the immune system as inspiration for data mining. in Hussein A. Abbas, Ruhul A. Sarker and Charles S. Newton (eds), Data Mining: A Heuristic Approach, Chapter XI, 209-230, Idea Group Publishing.Google Scholar
- [Wolfram 1993]