LBS and TeleCartography II: About the book
This book is based on a series of symposia on Location Based Services and Telecartography that have been held since 2002 at the Vienna University of Technology, the Polytechnical University HongKong and Salzburg Research. The meetings themselves were a response to technological developments in miniaturizing devices for telecommunication, computing and display and an increased interest in both incorporating cartographic presentations on such mobile devices and developing services that are specifi c to a particular location. The broad variety of disciplines involved in this research and the differences in approaching the basic problems are probably typical for a developing fi eld of interdisciplinary research. However, some main areas of research and development in the emerging area of LBS and Telecartography can now be identifi ed. The contributions to this book are selected from the full papers of the 5th Symposium on LBS and TeleCartography and refl ect the main areas of interest: positioning, modelling and awareness, visualisation and cartographic communication and application development. It follows the book “Location Based Services and TeleCartography” (Gartner et al. 2007), which refl ects a selection of papers of the first symposia.
KeywordsMobile Device Technology Acceptance Model Sensor Fusion Location Base Service Telecommunication Infrastructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gartner G (2004) Location Based Services and TeleCartography. Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on LBS and TeleCartography. Geowissenschaftliche Mitteilungen, 66, Wien 2004.Google Scholar
- Gartner G (2005) Location Based Services and TeleCartography. Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on LBS and TeleCartography. Geowissenschaftliche Mitteilungen, 74, Wien 2005.Google Scholar
- Gartner G, Cartwright W, Peterson M (2007) Location Based Services and TeleCartography. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2007.Google Scholar
- Gartner G, Mok E (2008) 4. Conference on LBS and TeleCartography. Journal on LBS, Special Edition, 2, 1, 2008.Google Scholar
- Kelnhofer F, Lechthaler M, Brunner K (2002) TeleKartographie und Location Based Services. Beiträge zum 1.Symposium TeleKartographie und LBS. Geowissenschaftliche Mitteilungen, 58, Wien 2002.Google Scholar