Complex Numerical Simulations in Production Techniques
The modelling of manufacturing processes is approached in the professional communities as one of the essential, long-term demand, which requires the collaboration between large spectrums of research areas. This paper presents our innovative approach for a comprehensive and holistic factory simulation model. “Multi-scale” in this context not only signifies the spatial and temporal scales within separate manufacturing processes, but also the different scales of all running processes in the whole manufacturing enterprise, called factory, as well as the different scales in the model itself. Therefore, for the purposes of the virtual and dynamic representation of the factory as a whole, at different scales or levels of abstraction, several heterogeneous modelling approaches have to be coupled with each other. In order to illustrate the usability of this methodology we gave at the end of the paper a complex scenario in the field of the automotive coating industry.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aldinger, L., Constantinescu, C., Hummel, V., Kreuzhage, R., Westkämper, E.: New approaches for “advanced Manufacturing Engineering”. Scientific management, factory life cycle, factory as a product and advanced Industrial Engineering (aIE). In: wt Werkstattstechnik online, Springer-VDI-Verlag wt-online 3 (2006) Google Scholar
- 2.Mitschang, B., Westkämper, E., Constantinescu, C., Heinkel, U., Löffler, B., Rantzau, R., Winkler, R.: A flexible integration of layout planning and logistics simulation through data change propagation. In: Proceedings of the 36th CIRP International Seminar on Manufacturing Systems (CIRP ISMS 2003), Saarland University, Saarbrücken (2003) Google Scholar
- 3.Scheibe, A., Domnick, J., Ye, Q.: Simulation of the behaviour of sprays from high-speed rotary bell atomizers with external charging. In: 17th Annual Conference of ILASS-Europe on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Zürich (2001) Google Scholar
- 4.Scheibe, A.: Anwendung der Beschichtungssimulation in der Praxis. Simulation in der Lackiertechnik. In: Proceedings of Fraunhofer IPA/IFF-Workshop, Stuttgart (2004) Google Scholar
- 5.Westkämper, E., Winkler, R.: The use of system modelling for the intelligent planning, scheduling and control of agile manufacturing. In: J. Kim (ed.) 35th CIRP-ISMS manufacturing technology in the information age, 12.-15. May 2002, Seoul National University, Seoul (2002) Google Scholar
- 6.Westkämper, E., Pfeffer, M., Dürr, M.: Partizipative Fabrikplanung mit skalierbarem Modell, In: wt Werkstattstechnik 94(3), 48–51 (2004) Google Scholar
- 7.Westkämper, E, Constantinescu, C., Hummel, V.: New paradigms in manufacturing engineering: Factory life cycle. In: Annals of the Academic Society for Production Engineering. Research and Development, XIII/1, vol. XIII(1) (2006) Google Scholar