A Uniformization-Based Algorithm for Model Checking the CSL Until Operator on Labeled Queueing Networks
We present a model checking procedure for the CSL until operator on the CTMCs that underly Jackson queueing networks. The key issue lies in the fact that the underlying CTMC is infinite in as many dimensions as there are queues in the JQN. We need to compute the transient state probabilities for all goal states and for all possible starting states. However, for these transient probabilities no computational procedures are readily available. The contribution of this paper is the proposal of a new uniformization-based approach to compute the transient state probabilities. Furthermore, we show how the highly structured state space of JQNs allows us to compute the possible infinite satisfaction set for until formulas. A case study on an e-business site shows the feasibility of our approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bell, A.: Distributed evaluation of stochasic Petri nets. PhD thesis, Dept.of Computer Science, RWTH Aachen (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Ciardo, G.: Discrete-time Markovian stochastic Petri nets. In: Computations with Markov Chains, pp. 339–358. Raleigh (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Cloth, L., Katoen, J.-P., Khattri, M., Pulungan, R.: Model checking Markov reward models with impulse rewards. In: Int. Conf. on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN2005). IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Menasce, D.A., Almeida, V.A.F., Dowdy, L.W.: Performance by Design. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Remke, A.: Model checking structured infinite Markov chains. PhD thesis, Dept.of Computer Science, University Twente (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Remke, A., Haverkort, B.R., Cloth, L.: CSL model checking algorithms for QBDs. Theoretical Computer Science (2007)Google Scholar