Stochastic Properties of the Radiative Transfer Equation
Radiative transfer is connected with Markov processes in two ways. The usual transfer equation corresponds to a process with five dimensional state space in continuous time, the Milne’s equation corresponds to process in three dimensional state space in discrete time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Chandrasekhar, Radiative Transfer, Dover, 1960 Google Scholar
- 2.W. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and its Applications II, John Wiley, 1971 Google Scholar
- 3.Fuehrer? Google Scholar
- 4.N. Wiener, E. Hopf, Sitzungsberichte der Preussischen, Akad. Phys.-Math. Klasse, p. 696 (1931) Google Scholar
- 5.E. Hopf, Mathematical Problems of Radiative Equilibrium (Cambridge, Math. Tract, No. 31) Cambridge, 1934 Google Scholar
- 6.J.G. Kemenyi, J.L. Snell, Finite Markov Chains, Springer, 1976 Google Scholar