S4LP and Local Realizability
The logic S4LP combines the modal logic S4 with the justification logic LP, both axiomatically and semantically. We introduce a simple restriction on the behavior of constants in S4LP, having no effect on the LP sublogic. Under this restriction some powerful derived rules are established. Then these are used to show completeness relative to a semantics having what we call the local realizability property: at each world and for each formula true at that world there is a realization also true at that world, where a realization is the result of replacing all modal operators with explicit justification terms. This is a part of a project to understand the deeper aspects of Artemov’s Realization Theorem.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hintikka, J.: Knowledge and Belief. Cornell University Press (1962)Google Scholar
- 3.Artemov, S., Nogina, E.: Logic of knowledge with justifications from the provability perspective. Technical report, Technical Report TR-2004011, CUNY Ph. D. Program in Computer Science, 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Fitting, M.C.: A semantics for the logic of proofs. Technical Report TR-2003012, CUNY Ph.D. Program in Computer Science (2003), http://www.cs.gc.cuny.edu/tr/
- 7.Mkrtychev, A.: Models for the logic of proofs. In: Adian, S., Nerode, A. (eds.) LFCS 1997. LNCS, vol. 1234, pp. 266–275. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Fitting, M.C.: Semantics and tableaus for LPS4. Technical Report TR-2004016, CUNY Ph.D. Program in Computer Science (2004), http://www.cs.gc.cuny.edu/tr/
- 9.Artemov, S.: Evidence-based common knowledge. Technical report, Technical Report TR-2004018, CUNY Ph. D. Program in Computer Science, 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Fitting, M.C.: Reasoning with justifications. Studia Logica (Forthcoming, 2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Rubtsova, N.: Evidence-based knowledge for S5. The Bulletin of Symbolic Logic 12(2), 344 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Rubtsova, N.: Semantics for Logic of explicit knowledge corresponding to S5. In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Rationality and Knowledge, ESSLLI, Malaga, pp. 124–131 (2006)Google Scholar