A Semantic Proof of Polytime Soundness of Light Affine Logic
We define a denotational semantics for Light Affine Logic (LAL) which has the property that denotations of functions are polynomial time computable by construction of the model. This gives a new proof of polytime-soundness of LAL which is considerably simpler than the standard proof based on proof nets and also is entirely semantical in nature. The model construction uses a new instance of a resource monoid; a general method for interpreting variations of linear logic with complexity restrictions introduced earlier by the authors.
KeywordsPolynomial Time Length Space Linear Logic Denotational Semantic Lambda Calculus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amadio, R.M.: Max-plus quasi-interpretations. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications, pp. 31–45 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Coppola, P., Martini, S.: Typing lambda terms in elementary logic with linear constraints. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Typed Lambda-Calculus and Applications, pp. 76–90 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Lago, U.D., Hofmann, M.: Quantitative models and implicit complexity. In: Proc. Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science, pp. 189–200 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Hofmann, M.: Linear types and non-size-increasing polynomial time computation. In: Proceedings of the 14th IEEE Syposium on Logic in Computer Science, pp. 464–473 (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Kreisel, G.: Interpretation of analysis by means of constructive functions of finite types. In: Heyting, A. (ed.) Constructiviey in Mathematics, pp. 101–128. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1959)Google Scholar