Contract-Based Design for Computation and Verification of a Closed-Loop Hybrid System
Contract-based design is an approach where the design process is seen as a successive assembly of components where a component is represented in terms of assumptions about its environment and guarantees about its behavior. In the composition, if assumptions of each component are contained in guarantees offered by the others, then the composition is well formed. In this paper, we focus on contract-based design and the use of Heterogeneous Rich Component models for embedded controllers where the plant, sensors and actuators are described by hybrid systems. We assume that the components are assembled in a feedback configuration. The problem is to show that this composition satisfies requirements using the assumptions-guarantees of the plant, sensors, actuators and controller. To do so, we give rules on how to compose assumptions and promises for components in cascade and feedback configurations. We then apply these rules to expose the actual calculation involved on a test case, a water-level control problem. We also show how to check that the requirements on the closed-loop configuration are satisfied, i.e, that they are contained in the promises of this configuration using a formal verification tool (Ariadne) for hybrid systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, A.: Defining platform-based design. EEdesign (February 2002), http://www.eedesign.com/
- 2.Bozga, M., Constant, O., Skipper, M., Ma, Q.: SPEEDS meta-model syntax and static semantics. SPEEDS deliverable D2.1b (January 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Gössler, G., Graf, S., Cederbaum, M., Martens, M., Sifakis, J.: An approach to modeling and verification of component based systems. In: van Leeuwen, J., Italiano, G.F., van der Hoek, W., Meinel, C., Sack, H., Plášil, F. (eds.) SOFSEM 2007. LNCS, vol. 4362, Springer, Heidelberg (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Badouel, E., Benveniste, A., Caillaud, B., Passerone, R.: Heterogeneous rich component definition, mathematical semantics. SPEEDS deliverable D2.1b/sem, annex of deliverable D2.1b (December 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Goessler, G., Sifakis, J.: Composition for component-based modeling. Science of Computer Programming, 161–183 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Balluchi, A., Mazzi, E., Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, A.: Complexity reduction for the design of interacting controllers, vol. 4416/2007, pp. 46–60. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Micheli, G.D.: Synthesis and Optimization of Digital Circuits. McGraw-Hill, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Katz, R.: Contemporary Logic Design, ch. 1–10. The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Balluchi, A., Casagrande, A., Collins, P., Ferrari, A., Villa, T., Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, A.: Ariadne: a framework for reachability analysis of hybrid automata. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS 2006), Kyoto, Japan (July 2006)Google Scholar