Laminar Flow in a Heated Capillary with a Distinct Interface
The subject of the present chapter is the analysis of possible states of capillary flow with distinct evaporativemeniscus. The system of quasi-one-dimensionalmass, momentum and energy equations are applied to classify the operating parameters corresponding to various types of flow. The domains of steady and unsteady states are also outlined.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Loss Nusselt Number Friction Force Peclet Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ghiaasiaan SM, Abdel-Khalik SI (2001) Two-phase flow in micro-channels. Advances in Heat Transfer 34:145–253Google Scholar
- Grigoriev VA, Zorin VM (eds) (1982) Heat and mass transfer. Thermal experiment reference book. Energoizdat, Moscow (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Incropera FP (1999) Liquid cooling of electronic devices by single-phase convection. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Landau LD, Lifshitz EM (1959) Fluid mechanics, 2nd edn. Pergamon, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Landerman CS (1994) Micro-channel flow boiling mechanisms leading to burnout. J Heat Transfer Electron Syst ASME HTD 292:124–136Google Scholar
- Levich VG (1962) Physicochemical hydrodynamics. Prentice Hall, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Morijama K, Inoue A (1992) The thermohydraulic characteristics of two-phase flow in extremely narrow channels (the frictional pressure drop and heat transfer of boiling two-phase flow, analytical model). Heat Transfer Jpn Res 21:838–856Google Scholar
- Peles YP, Yarin LP, Hetsroni G (1998) Heat transfer of two-phase flow in a heated capillary. In: Heat Transfer 1998, Proceedings of the 11th International Heat Transfer Conference, Kyongju, Korea, 23–28 August 1998, vol 2, pp 193–198Google Scholar
- Peng XF, Wang BX (1994) Cooling characteristics with micro-channeled structures. J Enhanced Heat Transfer 1:315–326Google Scholar
- Peng XF, Wang BX (1998) Forced-convection and boiling characteristics in micro-channels. In: Heat Transfer 1998, Proceedings of the 11th International Heat Transfer Conference, Kyongju, Korea, 23–28 August 1998Google Scholar
- Peng XF, Wang BX, Peterson GP, Ma HB (1994) Experimental investigation of heat transfer on flat plates with rectangular micro-channels. Int J Heat Mass Transfer 37:127–137Google Scholar
- Reid RC, Prausnitz JM, Poling BE (1987) The properties of gases and liquids. McGraw-Hill, BostonGoogle Scholar