Ontology Methodology Based Context Awareness Using System Entity Structure for Network Analysis
Currently network uses, especially the number of internet users, increase rapidly. Also, high quality of service is required and this requirement results a sudden network traffic increment. As a result, an efficient management system for huge network traffic becomes an important issue. Ontology/data engineering based context awareness using the System Entity Structure (SES) concepts enables network administrators to access traffic data easily and efficiently. The network traffic analysis system, which is studied in this paper, is an effective management system with a high throughput and a low response time designed and implemented based on a model and simulation based data engineering methodology. Extensible Markup Language (XML) is used for metadata language in this system. The information which is extracted from the network traffic analysis system could be modeled and simulated in Discrete Event Simulation (DEVS) methodology for further works such as post simulation evaluation, web services, and etc.
Keywordsontology data engineering System Entity Structure (SES) network traffic analysis and Discrete Event Simulation (DEVS)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.OMG. Unified Modeling Language (UML), Version 2.1.1, http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/uml.htm
- 3.Sarjoughian, H., Flasher, R.: System Modeling with Mixed Object and Data Models. In: DEVS Symposium, Spring Simulation Multiconference, Norfolk, Virginia, March, pp. 199–206Google Scholar
- 4.Jordan, D., Russell, C.: Java Data Objects. O’Reilly, Sebastopol (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Zeigler, B.P.: Multi-Facetted Modeling and Discrete Event Simulation. Academic Press, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Zeigler, B.P., Zhang, G.: The System Entity Structure: Knowledge Representation for Simulation Modeling and Design. In: Widman, L.E., Loparo, K.A., Nielsen, N.R. (eds.) Artificial Intelligence, Simulation and Modeling, pp. 47–73. Wiley, Chichester (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Zeigler, B.P., Hammonds, P.E.: Modeling & Simulation-Based Data Engineering: Introducing Pragmatics into Ontologies for Net-Centric Information Exchange. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.DEVS-Java Reference Guide, http://acims.arizona.edu
- 9.Ethereal - The world’s most popular network protocol analyzer, http://www.ethereal.com/
- 10.SESBuilder, http://www.sesbuilder.com/
- 11.Document Object Model (DOM), http://www.w3.org/DOM/
- 12.JFreeChart, http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/