Towards a Distributed Fuzzy Decision Making System
As many decisions need to be made in enterprises, various Fuzzy Decision Making Systems (FDMS) have been proposed to solve decision making problems. FDMS can be adapted for use with many different problems and they are extensible to cover new problems. The decision making process can also be streamlined by including the benefits of dynamic collaboration. To illustrate this capability this paper proposes a multi-agent framework for FDMS as a distributed fuzzy decision making system (D-FDMS). The multi-agent framework uses fuzzy algorithms as reasoning agents, and applies the architecture concept of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) which is implemented by web-services. A case study illustrates how this proposed model functions.
KeywordsAgent-Oriented Software Engineering Fuzzy Decision Making System Decision Support System Web Services SOA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Acampora, G., Loia, V.: A proposal of ubiquitous fuzzy computing for Ambient Intelligence. Information Sciences (to be published, 2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Ben-Arieh, D., Chen, Z.: Linguistic-Labels Aggregation and consensus measure for autocratic decision making using group recommendations. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part A: system and Humans 36(3) (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Christensen, E., Curbera, F., Meredith, G., Weerawarana, S.: Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1. W3C note (March 2001), www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.html
- 5.Ferber, J.: Multi-agent systems: an introduction to distributed artificial intelligence. Addison- Wesley, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiang, Y.-P., Fan, Z.-P., Ma, J.: A method for group decision making with multi-granularity linguistic assessment information. Information Science (to be published, 2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Microsoft developer network (2007), http://msdn.microsoft.com
- 11.Nezhad, H.R.M., Benatallah, B., Casati, F., Toumani, F.: Web Services Interoperability specifications. Computer, 24–32 (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Pasley, J.: How BPEL and SOA Are Changing Web Services Development. IEEE Internet Computing, 60–67 (May-June 2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Viedma, E.H., Martinez, L., Mata, F., Chiclana, F.: A Consensus Support System Model for Group Decision-Making Problems With Multigranular Linguistic Preference Relations. IEEE Transactions On Fuzzy Systems 13(5) (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 22.Yuen, K.K.F., Lau, H.C.W.: A Distributed Fuzzy Qualitative Evaluation System. In: Proceedings of 2006 IEEE / WIC / ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology, Hong Kong, December 18-22, 2006, pp. 560–563 (2006)Google Scholar