Characterized Argument Agent for Training Partner
- 804 Downloads
For the resolution of disputes, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has become a popular replacement for trials. However, for mediation to work, the mediator must undergo extensive training. To help with mediator training, we have developed an online mediation support system. In this paper, we present an overview of the system and an argument agent. The argument agent participates in moot mediation as a disputant for self-training purposes. We also explain how an agent’s text response can be generated by retrieving from a case base situations which are likely to be met with in dispute resolution.
KeywordsMediation Model Argument Strategy Online Auction Alternative Dispute Resolution Issue Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barkai, J.: Teaching Negotiation and ADR: The Savvy Samurai Meets the Devil. 75 Nebraska Law Review 704 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Tanaka, T., et al.: Online Support System for Mediator Education. In: Proceedings of IJCAI 2005, Poster Session, pp. 1702–1703 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Tanaka, T., Katagami, D., Nitta, K.: Advice Agent for Online Mediator Education. In: International Workshop of Agent-Based Systems for Human Learning, AAMAS 2006, pp. 43–48 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Aleven, V.: Teaching Case-Based Argumentation through a Model and Examples, ph D. Thesis, University of Pittsburgh (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Yuasa, M., Yasumura, Y., Nitta, K.: Negotiation Support Tool Using Emotional Factors. In: Proceeding of IFSA-NAFIP 2001, pp. 2906–2911 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Gordon, T.: The Pleadings Game. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Tanaka, T., et al.: Case Based Online Training Support System for ADR Mediator. In: International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Legal Education, ICAIL 2005, pp. 22–27 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Tanaka, T., et al.: Case Based Utterance Generating for An Argument Agent. In: 5th Workshop of Knowledge and Reasoning in Practical Dialogue Systems, IJCAI 2007, pp. 10–14 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Prakken, H.: Modeling Reasoning about Evidence in Legal Procedure. In: Proc. ICAIL 2001, pp. 119–128 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Tanaka, T.: Case Based Online Mediation Support System (in Japanese), ph D. thesis, Tokyo Institute of Technology (2006)Google Scholar