The Wi-Fi Roaming Game
We propose an extensive-form game as a model for pricing roaming charges in 802.11 wireless data networks. We specify utility functions for the three agents involved in the game: the wireless user and the visited and home operators. With realistic assumptions, we use the model to find optimal roaming prices for delay insensitive users.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.Salsas, C.K.: Roaming free? roaming network selection and inter-operator tariffs. Information Economics and Policy (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Valletti, T.: A model of competition in mobile communications. Information Economics and Policy (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Valletti, T.: Is mobile telephony a natural oligopoly? Review of Industrial Organization (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Keshav, S.: An Engineering Approach to Computer Networking: ATM Networks, the Internet, and the Telephone Network. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Kleinrock, L.: Queueing Systems, vol. I Theory (New York)Google Scholar