Audio Watermarking Algorithm Based on Centroid and Statistical Features
Experimental testing shows that the relative relation in the number of samples among the neighboring bins and the audio frequency centroid are two robust features to the Time Scale Modification (TSM) attacks. Accordingly, an audio watermark algorithm based on frequency centroid and histogram is proposed by modifying the frequency coefficients. The audio histogram with equal-sized bins is extracted from a selected frequency coefficient range referred to the audio centroid. The watermarked audio signal is perceptibly similar to the original one. The experimental results show that the algorithm is very robust to resample TSM and a variety of common attacks. Subjective quality evaluation of the algorithm shows that embedded watermark introduces low, inaudible distortion of host audio signal.
KeywordsAudio watermarking FFT Centroid Histogram TSM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, http://www.ifpi.org
- 2.Yin, X., Zhang, X.: Covert Communication Audio Watermarking Algorithm Based on LSB. 2006 10th International Conference on Communication Technology, pp. 308–311.Google Scholar
- 3.Huang, J., Wang, Y., Shi, Y.Q.: A Blind Audio Watermarking Algorithm with Self-Synchronization. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Arizona, USA, vol. 3, pp. 627–630 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Xiang, S., Huang, J., Yang, R.: Time-scale Invariant Audio Watermarking Based on the Statistical Features in time Domain. In: Proc. Of the 8th Information Hiding workshop (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Sylvain, B., Michiel, V.D.V., Aweke, L.: Informed detection of audio watermark for resolving playback speed modifications. In: Proc.of the Multimedia and Security Workshop, pp. 117–123 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Coltuc, D., Bolon, P.: Watermarking by Histogram Specification. In: Proc. of SPIE International Conference on Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents II, vol. 3657, pp. 252–263 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Roy, S., Chang, E.C.: Watermarking Color Histograms. In: Proc. of International Conference of Image Processing, vol. 4, pp. 2191–2194 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Hu, Y.P., Han, D.Z., Yang, S.Q.: Image-adaptive Watermarking Algorithm Robust to Geometric Distortion in DWT Domain. Journal of System Simulation 17(10), 2470–2475 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Dai, Z.X, Hong, F., Li, X.G., Dong, J.: Improvement on centroid detection method for text document watermarking. Computer Applications 27(5), 1064–1066 (2007)Google Scholar