User’s Search Behavior Graph for Aiding Personalized Web Search
The www is a dynamic environment and it is difficult to capture the user preferences and interests without interfering with the normal activity of the user. Hence to improve user searching in the World Wide Web, we have proposed a personalized search system that supports user searches by learning about user preferences and by observing responses to prior search experiences aided by a new index called the User Conceptual Index (UCI). This paper models every user’s search behavior as a User’s Search Behavior (USB) Graph. The main focus of this paper is the analysis of the USB graph and the redesign of the UCI using the results arrived from the analysis.
KeywordsPersonalization Web Search Web Information Retrieval User Conceptual Index User’s Search Behavior Graph
- 1.Page, L., Brin, S., Motwani, R., Winograd, T.: The PageRank citation ranking: Bringing order to the Web. Technical report, Stanford University Database Group (1998), http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/368196.html
- 2.Sendhilkumar, S., Geetha, T.V.: Web Search using personalized user conceptual index. In: Proceedings of 2nd Indian Interantional Conference in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1719–1728 (December 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Sendhilkumar, S., Geetha, T.V.: Personalized Web Search Using Enhanced Probabilistic User Conceptual Index. Special Issue of the Journal of Intelligent systems (in Press) Google Scholar
- 4.Sendhilkumar, S., Geetha, T.V.: An Evaluation of Personalized Web Search for an Individual User. In: the International conference in Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognization (AIPR 2007), Orlando, USA, pp. 484–490 (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Brin S., Page, L.: The anatomy of a large-scale hypertextual web search engine. In: Proc. of WWW 2007 Brisbane, Australia, pp. 107–117 (April 1998) Google Scholar