The ManuFuture Road to High-Adding-Value Competitive Sustainable Manufacturing
The ManuFuture road to High-Adding-Value Competitive Sustainable Manufacturing, as emerging from the results achieved and the foreseeable perspectives is outlined.
ManuFuture, acting as a strategic infrastructure to pursue CSM, has generated SI and the related implementation framework. This encompasses from reference models for action and global co-operation, to EMIRA, to the 25 national ManuFuture platforms and KIC. Stakeholders, from public authorities and financial institutions, industry, university, research institutes and centres, are co-operating in SI implementation, through basic activities. To speed up and lead the implementation process, pilot initiatives are being explored and developed. A manufacturing joint Technology Initiative (JTI) is currently being considered. Its objective is the implementation of manufacturing enabling technologies of the future, based on the ManuFuture technology Strategic Intelligence (SI).
KeywordsTriple Helix Model Pilot Action Knowledge Triangle Pilot Initiative Strategic Intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.[6.1] Jovane F.: Towards Knowledge and Innovation Communities. In: ITIA-CNR- ManuFuture Conference 2007, Porto (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 2.[6.2] Commission Staff Working Document – Accompanying the Green Paper - The European Research Area: New Perspectives (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.[6.3] Research Advisory Board Final Report – Energising Europe’s Knowledge Triangle of Research, Education and Innovation through the Structural Funds (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.[6.4] ManuFuture Platform — Catalogue of ManuFuture National and Regional Technological Platforms (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.[6.5] European Commission – Improving knowledge transfer between research institutions and industry across Europe: embracing open innovation – Implementing the Lisbon agenda (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.[6.6] Jovane, F.: ManuFuture for the Manufacturing Sector evolution. In: ITIA-CNR- ManuFuture Italian National Conference Milan (April 22, 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.[6.7] Etzkowitz, H.: The Triple Helix of University - Industry - Government - Implications for Policy and Evaluation – Science Policy Institute - Working paper (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.[6.8] Westkämper, E.: Private ArchiveGoogle Scholar
- 9.[6.9] Jovane, F., Yoshikawa, H., Alting, L., Boer, C., Westkämper, E., Williams, D., Tseng, M., Seliger, G., Paci, A.M.: The Incoming Global Technological and Industrial Revolution - towards Competitive Sustainable Manufacturing – CIRP Key Note Paper (to be published)Google Scholar
- 10.[6.10] European Commission – Seventh Framework Programme Vision Papers (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.[6.11] EUREKA Umbrella 4090 PRO-FACTORY The Scope of Pro-Factory 2007 - Proposal by Hubert van Belle (June 2007)Google Scholar
- 12.[6.12] Constantinescu, C., Hummel, V., Westkämper, E.: Collaborative Learning Factory for advanced Industrial Engineering, LEAF aIE (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.[6.13] Chryssolouris, G., Mavrikios, D.: Education for Next Generation Manufacturing – Cirp (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.[6.14] Martana, R.: Sintesi. Research, Training and Innovation for the Machinery and System Sector C – Porto 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.[6.15] Jovane, F.: CNR Research and Innovation in Manufacturing Systems in Lombardia: from regional to inter-regional and European successful activities. In: Bi-regional Workshop Lombardia -Baden-Württemberg – Stuttgart (January 2007)Google Scholar
- 16.[6.16] EUREKA Cluster E!4456 ManuFuture Industry (MF.IND), White Book and Roadmaps (April 2008)Google Scholar