A New Optimization Algorithm of Kinoforms Based on Simulated Annealing
A new optimization scheme based on Simulated Annealing (SA) is proposed for synthesizing the kinoforms. An initial kinoform is obtained by the Fourier transform of the input image with a random phase. The random phase distribution is then optimized by simulated annealing in order to reduce the variance of the spectrum. Compared with conventional SA-based method, in which optimization is performed to the kinoform, the proposed method can significantly improve the convergence and reduce the computation cost.
KeywordsComputer Generated Holography Kinoform Optimization Random Phase Simulated Annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lohmann, A.W., Paris, D.P.: Binary Fraunhofer Holograms. Generated by Computer. Opt., 6, 1739–1747 (1967)Google Scholar
- 4.Sasagawa, T.: A multiple imaging system using holographic optical elements for laser machining. IEICE Technical Report 97(90), 1–6 ( in Japanese, 1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Yoshikawa, N., Yatagai, T.: Phase optimization of two-dimensional Fourier kinoform by simulated annealing. Appl. Opt. 33, 863–858 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Nozaki, S., Chen, Y.W., Nakao, Z.: An Adaptive Simulated Annealing Applied to Opimization of Phase Distribution of Kinoform. In: Methodlogies for the Conception, Design and Application of Soft Computing (Proceedings of IIZUKA ’98), pp. 979–982 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, Y.W., Yamauchi, S., Wang, N., Nakao, Z.: A fast kinoform optimization algorithm based on simulated annealing. IEICE Trans. Fundamentals E83-A, 774–776 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Nozaki, S., Chen, Y.W., Nakao, Z.: A New Approach Based on Simulated Annealing to Kinoform Optimization. In: Proc. of SPIE, vol. 3956A-16 (2000)Google Scholar