Audio Watermarking Based on the Psychoacoustic Model and Modulated Complex Lapped Transform
The music industry suffers a multi-billion dollar annual revenue loss due to piracy. Audio watermarking technology is an important technique that is gaining widespread use. However, one of the challenges facing watermarkers is the high sensitivity of the Human Auditory System (HAS). In this paper, we present a novel audio spread spectrum watermarking scheme where the watermark is extracted from the original file.By using the psychoacoustic model this technique efficiently takes advantages of masking phenomena in HAS, in order to embed an important amount of watermark data below the masking threshold of the original input signal. The watermarking is performed in the Modified Complex Lapped Transform (MCLT) domain, which presents a good loss-less reconstruction for audio reconstruction. The computer simulation shows a good imperceptibility and a high robustness to a wide range of unintended and intended attacks.
KeywordsAudio watermarking Psychoacoustic system MCLT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Malvar, H.: A modulated Complex Lapped Transform And Its Applications to Audio Processing IEEE. In: ICASSP, Phoenix (March 1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Kirovski, D., Malvar, H.: Spread-Spectrum Watermarking of Audio Signals. IEEE Transactions on signal Processing (Special Issue on Data Hiding, Phoenix) (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Garcia Hernandez, J.J, Miyatake, M.N., Meana, H.P.: Real-Time MCLT Audio Watermarking and Comparison of Several Whitening Methods in Receptor Side. In: Proceeding of the Eighth IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Seok, J., Hong, J., Kim, J.: A Novel Audio Watermarking Algorithm for Copyright Protection of Digital Audio. ETRI Journal 24 (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Zezula, R., Misurec, J.: Audio signal Watrmarking in MCLT domain with the Aid of 2D Pattern. IEEE, NJ, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Gordy, J.D., Bruton, L.T.: Performance Evaluation of Digital Audio Watermarking Algorithms. Masterthesis, University of Calgary, Canada, pp. 337–355 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Cvejic, N., Seppanen, T.: Improving Audio Watermarking Scheme Using Psychoacoustic Watermark. Mediateam, Finaland (2004)Google Scholar