Practice of Video Encryption Algorithms Based on Chaotic Sequence and Scan Pattern
In this paper, we propose a new method of digital video encryption based on the SCAN methodology that is a formal language-based two-dimensional spatial accessing methodology, which can generate very large number of scanning paths or space filling curves. The SCAN-based video encryption is first performed by detecting the difference between adjacent frames and compressing these frame differences, and finally the encrypted video is obtained by encrypting the above frame differences. The main characteristics of the proposed methods are image encryption, which can be bounded pixelwise by a user specified value, very large number of encryption keys, and the ability to encrypt large blocks of any digital data. The simulation with standard color test videos (Tennis) indicates that the proposed encryption algorithm can achieve satisfying results. In the end, the characteristics and effects of the algorithm are summarized and the aspects of the subsequent work are prospected.
KeywordsVideo encryption chaotic sequence scan methodology difference matrix difference-compressed matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Committee Draft Standard ISO 11172: ISO/MPEG90/176. Coding of moving Fig.s and associated audio Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T Rec. H. 263, Video coding for narrow telecommunication channels at< 64kbit/s Google Scholar
- 3.Qiao, L., Nahrstedt, K.: A new algorithm for MPEG video encryption. In: CISST’97, 1997th edn. Proceeding of the First International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems and technology, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 21–29 (July 1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Qiao, L., Nahrstedt, K., Tam, I.: Is MPEG encryption by using random list instead of zigzag order secure. In: IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, Singapore, pp. 226–229. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Tang, L.: Methods for encrypting and decrypting MPEG video data efficiently. In: ACM Multimedia’96. Proceedings of the Fourth ACM International Multimedia Conference, Boston, MA, pp. 192–230. ACM Press, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Yen, J.C., Guo, Y.J.: A new MPEG encryption system and its VLSI architecture. In: IEEE Work shop on Signal Processing Systems, Taipei, pp. 430–437. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Ali, S.T., Feng, W.-C.: Efficient multi-layer coding and encryption of MPEG video streams. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, New York, 30, July-2, Aug, vol. 1, pp. 119–122. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Wu Chun-Ping, C., Jay Kuo, C.: Efficient multimedia encryption via entropy code design. In: Proceedings of SPIE International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2001, SanJose, CA, USA, vol. 4314, pp. 128–138 (2001)Google Scholar