Application of Genetic Algorithm to Hausdorff Measure Estimation of Sierpinski Carpet
In this paper, we discuss the realization of the genetic algorithm on calculating the Hausdorff measure of the Sierpinski gasket with compression ratio 1/2 in detail, mainly including the encoding and decoding method, generation of the initial population, and fitness computation. The experimental results prove that the genetic algorithm is an effective and universal method to calculate Hausdorff measure.
KeywordsGenetic algorithm Sierpinski gasket Hausdorff measure binary string initial population
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ming, Z., Shudong, S.: Theory and Application of Genetic Algorithm. National Defence Industry Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Guoliang, C., Xufa, W.: Genetic Algorithm and Its Application. People Post Publishing Company, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiaoping, W., Liming, C.: Theory, Application and Software Realization of Genetic Algorithm. Publishing Company of Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Lifeng, X., Zhongdi, C.: Some Front Problems of Fractal—Computation of Hausdorff Measure. Journal of Zhejiang Wanli University 14, 1–3 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Zuoling, Z.: Hausdorff Measure of Self-similar set. Science in China (A) 28, 103–107 (1998)Google Scholar