Optimal Combination of Galileo Inter-Frequencies
There are four different frequencies in Galileo system, which can form more combinations than that of GPS. Therefore, it is worth, not only theoretically but also practically, to find the best or at least good combination for fast positioning. In this paper we first introduce the criteria for optimally combining the four frequencies based on 5 kinds of cost functions or constraints, then solve the correspondent coefficients for combinations. At last, we propose an algorithm for ambiguity resolution using optimally combined observables.
KeywordsGalileo GPS combination optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- de Jonge P.,Tiberius C., 1996, The LAMBDA method yfor integer ambiguity estimation: implementation aspects, LGR-Series, Publications of the Delft Geodetic Computing Centre, No.12.Google Scholar
- Han S.W., 1995, Theory and application of the combinations of GPS dual frequency carrier phase observations. Acta Geodaetica et Cartographica Sinica. vol 24(2):8–13 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Hofmann-Wellenhof B., Lichtenegger H., Collins J., 2001, Global positioning system: theory and practice 5th, revised edition, Springer Wien, New York. 92–94.Google Scholar
- Melbbourne W. G., 1985, The case for ranging in GPS- based geodetic systems. Proceeding 1st international symposium on precise positioning with Global Positioning System, 15–19 April, Rockville, pp 373– 386.Google Scholar
- Schlótzer S., Martin S., 2005, Performance study of multi-carrier ambiguity resolution techniques for galileo and modernized GPS, ION GPS/GNSS 2003 Portland, USA pp142–151.Google Scholar
- Teunissen P.J.G., 1995, The least-squares ambiguity decorrelation adjustment: a method for fast GPS integer ambiguity estimation, JOG, 70:65–82.Google Scholar
- Teunissen P.J.G., 1997, On the GPS widelane and its decorrelating property JOG 71:577–587.Google Scholar
- Wang Z.M., Liu J.B., 2003, Model of inter-frequency combination of galileo GNSS, Wuhan University Journal (Natural Science), (6):723–727.(in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Xu P.L., 2001, Random simulation and GPS decorrelation, JOG, 75: 408–423.Google Scholar
- Xu P.L., 2006, Voronoi cells, probabilistic bounds, and hypothesis testing in mixed integer linear models, IEEE Transactions on information theory, vol.52. No.7, July 2006:3122–3138.Google Scholar
- Zhang W., Cannon M. E., Julien O., Alves P, 2003, Investigation of combined GPS/GALILEO cascading ambiguity resolution schemes. Proceedings of ION GPS/GNSS 2003, Portland, USA, pp 2599–2610.Google Scholar