A Wavelet-Based Image Enhancement Algorithm for Real Time Multi-resolution Texture Mapping
In order to get better rendering effect, we proposed a wavelet transform based image enhancement algorithm for real time multi-resolution texture mapping in this paper. In this algorithm, we proposed a concept of weighted pyramid. Texture images to be synthesized are weighted enhanced by wavelet transform. Comparing with original ones, the edges in this image is much clearer and the contrast of this image is more evident. And when dealing with the maps with their particular characteristics, we also proposed some method for algorithm improvement. By using this method, current multi-resolution texture mapping method will be much more improved. It can give us a more realistic and efficient rendering effect by using lower resolution image to replace higher resolution one.
Keywordswavelet image enhancement texture mapping multi-resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Walter, G., Kropatsch, Montanvert, A.: Irregular Pyramids, Technical Report PRIP TR-5, Institute f. Automation 183/2, Dept. for Pattern Recognition and Image Processing, TU Wien, Austria (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Tang, R., Wang, J., Peng, Q.: Computer graphics tutorial, edit version, Science Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Losasso, F., Hoppe, H.: Geometry Clipmaps: Terrain Rendering Using Nested Regular Grids. ACM SIGGRAPH, 769–776 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Y.: Image processing and analyze. Tsinghua Press, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, W.: Wavelet analyze and its use in image processing. pp. 167–173, Science Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Fan, L.: Research on Edge Detection of Color Image Based on Multi-structuring Elements Morphology of HSI Space. Journal of Engineering Graphics 26(2) (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ji, H., Sun, J., Fang, X., Mao, L.: The Algorithm for Image Edge Detection and Prospect. Computer Engineering and Applications 14, 70–73 (2004)Google Scholar