An Accesible and Collaborative Tourist Guide Based on Augmented Reality and Mobile Devices
The goal of this project is to provide support for a system of geolocation powered by augmented reality, offering also advanced services such as, context awareness mobile applications and natural interaction related to the concept of ambient intelligent which favour the creation of intelligent environments whose services fit dynamically the demand, not always made explicit, of the user. A design and a development of a location system is obtained that provides extra services based on the positional information of the different system’s users. In this way, the user receives specific information of the place where he or she is located. This service is based on the Global Positioning System, from now on GPS. The aim with this platform is to locate, guide and give information to blind people, although it is open to any kind of people. It will allow the users to see information related to a place, to write comments about it and leave objects for the rest of the users to read and see. The information will be shown as a written text and as an oral one and in every moment the location of the user will be traced thanks to the virtual positioning of him or her on a map.
Keywordscontext-awareness location-awareness natural-interaction mobile devices ambient intelligent GPS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amiguide (ambient intelligent guide). http://www.ibit.org/home/proyectos/proyecto.php?idioma=es&id=548
- 2.Ana Ma Bernardos Barbolla. Servicios móviles de localización : Aplicaciones en el sector turístico. CEDITEC, (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Barfield, W., Caudell, T.: Fundamentals of Wearable Computers and Augmented Reality (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Smit (sistema móvil de información turística). http://geomovil.info/index.html
- 5.Larizgoitia, I., Lago, A.B., Wallip, I.V.: Desarrollo de una plataforma de servicios de valor añadido. CISTI, II (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Patrimonio móvil. http://www.patrimoniomovil.com