Understanding Influence of Mobile Internet Services on Life Behavior of Mobile Users
We have performed a Web-based survey to analyze a variety of services provided via mobile devices, and we studied how the usage of mobile Internet services is influencing the life behavior of mobile users. The survey was targeted to young generation users in their 20’s-early 30’s, who are main users of mobile Internet services. Mobile services are categorized into Entertainment, m-Commerce, and Information Service in this work. In total, 236 users participated in the survey. We reviewed the current usage status of mobile services and analyzed how each service affected users’ mobile life behavior. The results of this paper illustrate that “Mobile e-mail,” “Listening to music,” “Travel information,” and so on have a significant influence on users’ mobile life behavior.
KeywordsMobile Mobile Life Mobile Internet Mobile Service User Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Carlsson, C., Hyvönen, K., Repo, P., Walden, P.: Adoption of Mobile Services across Different Technologies. In: 18th Bled eConference eIntegration in Action Bled, Slovenia (June 6-8, 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Carlsson, C., Hyvönen, K., Repo, P., Walden, P.: Asynchronous Adoption Patterns of Mobile Services. In: Proceedings of the 38th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Fixed Mobile Convergence: Single Phone Solutions for Wireless, Wireline, and VoIP Convergence 2005-2010. The Insight Research Corporation (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ovum Report, Fixed-Mobile Convergence: Service Integration and Substitution, Ovum (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.The. The Mobile Life Report 2006: How mobile phones change the way we live, http://www.mobilelife2006.co.uk
- 10.2006 Survey on the Wireless Internet Use. National Internet Development Agency of Korea (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.How to Cope with Diffusion of Mobile Convergence. Samsung Economic Research Institute (2005), http://www.seri.org
- 12.KTF Co., Ltd. http://ktf.com
- 13.LG Telecom Co., Ltd. http://www.lgtelecom.com
- 14.SK Telecom Co., Ltd.: http://www.sktelecom.com
- 15.Bina, M., Giaglis, G.M.: Exploring Early Usage Patterns of Mobile Data Services. In: ICMB 2005. Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Business, vol. 00, pp. 363–369 (2005)Google Scholar