Automatic Identification and Validation of Tie Points on Hyperspectral Satellite Images from CHRIS/PROBA
There is great interest in the development of automatic geometric correction systems for satellite images. A fully automatic system, based exclusively on the identification of tie points (image to image control points) by image matching needs to use efficient selection and validation methods. Four Tie Point Suitability Indices (TPSI) are proposed to select the most suitable areas in an image to search for tie points. Three tie point validation parameters are also proposed. The validation parameters make use of the various spectral bands available in hyperspectral and multispectral satellite images. The proposed TPSIs and validation parameters were tested with hyperspectral high-resolution satellite images from the CHRIS/PROBA sensor.
KeywordsInput Image Spectral Band Zenith Angles Image Pair Image Match
- 1.Alonso, L., Moreno, J.: Advances and limitations in a parametric geometric correction of CHRIS/PROBA data. In: Proc. of the 3rd ESA CHRIS/Proba Workshop, March 21-23, ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, ESA SP–593 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Cutter, M.A.: CHRIS data format, revision 4.2 SIRA, Kent, UK (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Using Matlab, Version 6.5. The MathWorks, Inc. Natick, MA (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E., Eddins, S.L.: Digital Image Processing using MATLAB. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2004)Google Scholar