SETI and the FOCAL space mission
SETI, or the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence, started in 1959 with the seminal paper of . SETI was experimentally pursued for the first time by Drake in 1960 (Project Ozma, , Reading #25) and later developed into a large body of interdisciplinary knowledge [3–7].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Goldsmith, The Quest for Extraterrestrial Life: A Book of Readings, University Science Books, Mill Valley, CA, 1980.Google Scholar
- “The Search for Extraterrestrial Life: Recent Developments,” Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union Symposium No. 112, held in Boston, June 18–21, 1984, Michael D. Papagiannis (editor), D. Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1985.Google Scholar
- “Bioastronomy—The Next Steps,” Proceedings of the 99th Colloquium of the International Astronomical Union, held in Balatonfüred, Hungary, June 22–27, 1987, George Marx (editor), Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1988.Google Scholar
- “Bioastronomy—The Search for Extraterrestrial Life—The Exploration Broadens,” Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Bioastronomy, held at Val Cenis, Savoie, France, June 18–23, 1990, Jean Heidmann and Mike Klein (editors), Lecture Notes in Physics, No. 390, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1991.Google Scholar
- “Progress in the Search for Extraterrestrial Life,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Bioastronomy, held at the University of California at Santa Cruz, August 16–20, 1993, G. Seth Shostak (editor), Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series, Vol. 74, 1995.Google Scholar
- “Astronomical and Biochemical Origins and the Search for Life in the Universe,” Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Bioastronomy (IAU Colloquium No. 161), held at Capri, Italy, July 1–5, 1996, C. Cosmovici, S. Bowyer, and D. Werthimer (editors), Editrice Compositori, Bologna, Italy, 1997.Google Scholar
- N. S. Kardashev, “Transmission of Information by Extraterrestrial Civilizations,” Reading #28 in .Google Scholar
- C. Maccone, Telecommunications, KLT and Relativity, IPI Press, Colorado Springs, 1994, ISBN 1-880930-04-8.Google Scholar
- Robert S. Dixon, and Charles A. Klein, “On the Detection of Unknown Signals,” paper presented at the USA-USSR Joint Conference on the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, held at the University of California at Santa Cruz, August 5–9, 1991.Google Scholar
- S. Watanabe, “Karhunen—Loève expansion and factor analysis theoretical remarks and applications,” Proceedings Fourth Prague Conference on Information Theory, 1965.Google Scholar
- A. Rosenfeld, and A. C. Kak, Digital Picture Processing, 2nd Edition, Academic Press, New York, 1982.Google Scholar