An Exhaustive and Edge-Removal Algorithm to Find Cores in Implicit Communities
Web community is intensely studied in web resource discovery. Many literatures use core as the signature of a community. A core is a complete bipartite graphs, denoted as Ci,j. But discovery of all possible Ci,j in the web is a challenging job. This work has been investigated by trawling . Trawling employs repeated elimination/generation procedure until the graph is pruned to a satisfied state and then enumerate all possible Ci,j. We proposed a new method that uses exhaustive and edge removal method. Our algorithm avoids scanning dataset many times. Also, we improve crawling method by only recording potential fans to save disk space. The experiment result show that the new algorithm works properly and many new Ci,j can be found by our method.
KeywordsWeb communities Link analysis Complete Bipartite Graph.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kumar, R., Raghavan, P., et al.: Trawling the web for emerging cyber-communities. In: Proceedings of the 8th WWW Conference, Toronto, Canada, pp. 403–415 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Kumar, R., Raghavan, P., et al.: Extracting large-scale knowledge base from the web. In: Proceedings of 25th VLDB Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, pp. 639–650 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Gibson, D., Kleinberg, J., et al.: Inferring Web Communities from Link Topology. In: Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, pp. 225–234 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Chakrabarti, S., Dom, B.E., et al.: Automatic resource compilation by analyzing hyperlink structure and associated text. Computer Networks 30(1-7), 65–74 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Dean, J., Henzinger, M.R.: Finding Related Pages in the World Wide Web. In: Proceedings of the 8th WWW Conference, Toronto, Canada, pp. 389–401 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Reddy, P.K., Kitsuregawa, M.: Inferring Web Community through relaxed-cocition and power-law. Annual Report of KITSUREGAWA Lab., pp. 27–40 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Flake, G.W., Lawrence, S., et al.: Efficient Identification of Web Communities. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, Boston, MA, USA, pp. 150–160 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Newman, M.E.J.: Fast algorithm for detecting community structure in networks. Phys. Rev. E 69, 066133 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Broder, A.Z., Glassman, S.C., et al.: Syntactic Clustering of the Web. Computer Networks 29(8-13), 1157–1166 (1997)Google Scholar