Directed Searching Digraphs: Monotonicity and Complexity
In this paper, we introduce and study two new search models on digraphs: the directed searching and mixed directed searching. In these two search models, both searchers and intruders must follow the edge directions when they move along edges. We prove the monotonicity of both search models, and we show that both directed and mixed directed search problems are NP-complete.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alspach, B., et al.: Some basic results in arc searching. Technical report CS-2006-10, University of Regina (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Reed, B.: Introducing Directed Tree Width, 6th Twente Workshop on Graphs and Combinatorial Optimization, Enschede, 1999. Electron. Notes Discrete Math. 3 (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Yang, B., Cao, Y.: Monotonicity of strong searching on digraphs. Submitted.Google Scholar
- 15.Yang, B., Cao, Y.: On the monotonicity of weak searching on digraphs. Submitted.Google Scholar
- 16.Yang, B., Cao, Y.: Digraph searching, directed vertex separation and directed pathwidth. Submitted.Google Scholar